- Barcode Decals are more secure than prox cards and transponders.
- Barcode Decals are fixed to the vehicle so they cannot be shared, lost, or stolen.
- Barcode Decals contain unique number sequences so vehicles can be revoked access individually or in blocks.
The problem with remote gate openers and keyfobs at your community is the ease of sharing, and lack of unique ID for each vehicle. These systems often use one code for all remotes. That means you have no way to activate, deactivate, and otherwise manage what specific vehicle enters the gate. Remote clickers are also built on a basic DIP switch system which makes it easy for copies to be made at most locksmiths and hardware stores.
Benefits of Barcode Decals
Why Lake St. Clair HOA replaced their remote keyfobs with BAi Readers and Decals.
The HOA established a list of objectives to meet for a replacement system:
- More control over who entered the community.
- The ability to keep record of who entered the community, which would assist in identifying suspects should future burglaries occur.
- A hands-free system so homeowners didn't have to fumble remote nor be concerned with changing its batteries.
- Reliability and long-term durability.
- A cost-effective solution.
"The BA-440 is a state-of-the-art system, it's full featured yet compact. The system is also reliable and easy to use. Finally, it met every one of the objectives that the Lake St. Clair HOA had specified."Jim Sanford, American Access Controls